Careers at Sparks Belting
Interested in working with us? We are always looking for talented people to join our team. See our open positions listed on this page.
JOB LOCATION: Grand Rapids, MI
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
START DATE: Immediate
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor
SHIFT: 1st & 2nd Shift
Sparks Belting Company is an internationally recognized company that specializes in the custom fabrication and distribution of conveyor belts and motorized pulleys. This position is responsible to perform various operations in the process of fabricating conveyor belts in order to meet customer specifications.
- Accurately read work orders to specifications and fabricate belts accordingly.
- Measure and cut conveyor belts to size using a slitting machine or rotary knife as specified in the work order
- Use proper tools such as a power lacer, linatex cutter, drill press and heat gun to apply various fabrications to conveyor belts
- Determine and retrieve the appropriate stock material that is specified in the work order
- Use proper equipment such as a high frequency press, slitting machine, super cleat press and lacing machine to apply various fabrications to conveyor belts including lacing, slitting, and making belts endless
- Sand the edges of the belts
- Clean and inspect final product to ensure quality standards to specifications
Qualified applicants will have a high school diploma, or equivalent, and preferably 1-3 years of experience in a manufacturing setting. The ideal candidate will have great attention to detail, initiative, the ability to read a tape measure, great attendance, basic electrical knowledge, ability to effectively communicate, great mathematical skills and will be mechanically inclined.
Qualified applicants can send their resume to email@example.com